× Search


What is Navajo Nation DALTCS?

Division of Aging and Long Term Care Support (DALTCS) of the Navajo Nation is under the Navajo Nation Department of Health. We are located throughout the Navajo Nation within the five (5) Agencies. We have 81 Senior Centers, some Senior Centers cover 2-3 different communities. We also coordinate other programs and services such as the Family Caregiver Support Program, the Foster Grandparent Program, and the Ombudsman Program.

What is our purpose?

Our purpose is to promote independent living by providing services to our Navajo elders, so our masani’s, cheii’s, and nali’s can remain home longer.

I need help, where do I Start?

Please contact your local senior center or agency office to determine your eligibility.

Most senior centers are located next to a Chapter House.

  • Chinle Agency: (928) 674-2100
  • Crownpoint Agency: (505) 786-2045
  • Fort Defiance Agency: (928) 729-4458
  • Shiprock Agency: (505) 368-1251
  • Tuba City Agency: (928) 283-3350

Do I qualify as an elder?

All our Senior Centers follow T the Older Americans Act of 1965, amended 2020 (P.L 116-131), enacted March 25, 2020. According to the Act you must be 60 years or older, your spouse is eligible regardless of age, and a disabled individual must live with an elder 60 years or older. Some services such as Home Delivered Meals, Housekeeping, Personal Care, and Respite Care requires a case manager to conduct an assessment and determine you eligible for these services. We also provide services with New Mexico State Funds and their eligibility age is 55 years or older. This is only for New Mexico! If you live in New Mexico and your age and spouse age are between 55-59, you will not be eligible when you go into Arizona or Utah.

What kind of services do you provide?

Our Program provides Nutrition services through Congregate Meals and Home Delivered Meals, Transportation, Caregiver training and resources, Foster Grandparent Program, Arts & Crafts, Physical Activities, Storytelling, and Recreational Activities. Services also include eyeglasses, dentures or hearing aids to qualified clients.

How do I report Elder Abuse and to whom?

You can contact your local Social Services Office. All matters are kept confidential. In Arizona you can call: Arizona Protection Services at 1-877-767-2385. In New Mexico 1-866-654-3219. If emergency call 911 or the police station.

  • Window Rock District: (928) 871-6111/6112
  • Tuba City District: (928) 283-3111/3112
  • Kayenta District: (928) 697-5600
  • Shiprock Agency: (505) 368-1350/1351
  • Crownpoint District: (505) 786-2050/2051
  • Chinle District: (928) 674-2111/2112
  • Dilkon District: (928) 657-8075

Would I have to pay for any of these services?


Where is my closest Senior Center?

At the most part, your senior center is located next or near your local Chapter House. You may call our Agency offices and they can help you determine who to call.

Will my income determine if I qualify for DALTCS services?


Terms Of UsePrivacy StatementCopyright 2024 by NNDIT
Back To Top